To become a member, email the membership secretary here.
I. Membership eligibility
Any person who wishes may apply to the Membership Secretary to become a member of BLOC. By providing their e-mail address they will receive the newsletter BLOCNotes and can attend BLOC events, e.g. BBQs, Quiz Nights etc., Christmas Party.
- It is a requirement that ALL on-stage performers in any BLOC show first become Members* of BLOC for the calendar year during which the show in which they intend to perform takes place. Applications for membership and payment, if applicable, of the annual membership fee of 40 Euros must be made as soon as the person accepts a part, solo or chorus, in a BLOC production.
- At the same time ALL crew and production team in any BLOC show first become MEMBERS of BLOC for the calendar year during which the show in which they intend to perform takes place. Applications for membership and payment, if applicable, of the annual membership fee of 20 Euros must be made as soon as the person accepts to be part of the production.
- Subject to paragraphs 2.and 3, ORDINARY Membership is limited to persons of 16 years of age and over. Persons under the age of 16 may become JUNIOR Members and do not pay a membership fee. However, if their 16th birthday occurs in the calendar year in which they wish to perform in a show or be part of the production team then they are Ordinary Members for that year and are required to pay the annual membership fee.
- Members of BLOC have full voting rights at General Meetings (e.g. the Annual General Meeting)
- Honorary life membership may be granted by the Executive Committee, subject to approval at the AGM, to persons who are widely seen to have made major contributions to BLOC's success over the years. Honorary Life Members shall be entitled to the same privileges as Ordinary Members. A list of Honorary Life Members is available from the Executive Committee on request.
- The Executive Committee retains the right to refuse membership to any applicant. It may also expel any Member considered to have contravened the statutes or rules of BLOC or considered to have brought BLOC into disrepute.
II. Applications for Membership and Annual Membership fee
- Membership runs on a calendar year basis (1st January - 31st December).
- The annual membership fee is set at €40 for performing members and €20 for non-performing members.
- To become a MEMBER of BLOC, contact the membership secretary via the link above. For all on-stage performers, point I.4 above shall apply. Only paid-up members are eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting. Membership must be complete at least 48 (forty-eight) hours before the date/time of the AGM at the latest, if the ordinary member wishes to vote at the AGM.
- Those people whose membership lapses due to non-payment of fees and who wish to re-join must reapply for membership following the procedure outlined above.
* Referred to in BLOC's Statutes as «membres adhérents», translated as «active members».